Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Do's and Dont's of Invisalign!




Don't leave your Invisalign aligners near your pets!
 Especially dogs.
Since your aligners are always in your mouth, dogs can smell traces of food in your aligners and think its a tasty treat. Ruh-roh








If you are a caffine addict like me, DO switch from Redbull, 5 hour, Monster, Rockstar, etc to the new inhalable caffine product they've just created. Not only will you keep your teeth cavity free but you won't have to carry around a tooth brush each time you are on the go and take your energy drink.






DON'T leave your aligners out of your mouth for long periods of time. I tend to eat very slowly and I drink hot tea three times a day so I have to even out how long I take my aligners out for and make sure there's an appropriate balance that way I am wearing my aligners for about 22 hours a day. The PRO of this is that it does keep you eating healthy. I've stopped snacking in the middle of the night because I would be too tired to clean my aligners. If you are a soda drinker (I'm not- but I do love tea) aligners will help you drink more water! Each time you have a soda or sugary drink you must brush or else you are more prone to cavaties due to the aligners decreasing the oxygen to your teeth. So instead of brushing constantly just have a nice refreshing glass of water... you can drink water with your aligners in and hey its healthy for you! If water sounds too boring add some cucumbers to it! Fancy right?

No comments:

Post a Comment